Sunday, May 28, 2023

Barcelona loanee hits out at media for ‘incorrect translation’: “Call me if you need help” - Barca Universal - Translation

Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti has hit out at media outlets after an incorrect translation of his interview, which many translated as he felt ‘imprisoned at Barça for four years’.

“To all journalists and newspapers… If you need help translating, you can call me next time. Depression equals depression, nothing to do with “prison” or jail. Thank you very much,” wrote the defender on his Instagram account (h/t Mundo Deportivo).

The exit-bound Barcelona defender recently spoke with Canal+ where he talked about his frustration at Barcelona, saying that the last four years were very difficult for him.

“I’m fine. I’ve spent four years in the Galleys, they’ve been hard four years, but now I’ve rediscovered my smile and the joy of playing football. They have given me this confidence here and I’ve been able to express myself as I did years ago,” said the defender.

“I don’t know if it was depression, but it was really complicated and difficult at all levels. I closed myself off a lot with my close people.” 

“There were times in Barcelona when I didn’t want to leave the house. My friends told me to go out to change my mind, but I told them no, that I wanted to be alone. It was very complicated,” said the defender, who in no way described his Barcelona tenure as a prison.

Umtiti moved to Serie A outfit Lecce on loan at the beginning of the ongoing season. Ever since moving to Italy, the French defender has found a new life and is one of their top performers of the season. 

As a result, the Serie A team is now exploring the possibility of signing the defender on a permanent transfer while there are other reports that he wants to move back to Olympique Lyon.

In any way, it is certain that Umtiti has no place in the current Barcelona team and despite his emotional comeback from mental trauma, he will be sold in the summer.

Adblock test (Why?)

No comments:

Post a Comment