Tuesday, May 3, 2022

from Translation of Lillies – The Brooklyn Rail - Brooklyn Rail - Translation

12.23.15

1. Other things occur, bands tight across the head.
2. I was wrong to use a circular motion.
3. What it’s really like to do one thing at one time.
4. If you pick up a receiver now it will invariably be the wrong time for the person you are
trying to reach. How not to forget one’s own origins? If a day is not a number it sometimes
behaves like a bad animal. I mean like humans.
5. I’d rather not go today because there will be lines out the door in thin gray drizzle.
6. She looked different when she was there to meet anyone else—than when she was there
to meet me. Will I be invited again? We hope certain parties will repeat themselves, with the
same persons.
7. Is it possible that they’d never met?
8. The entire room then became a person I knew, in many bodies.
9. She was sorry that this year she cannot contribute and I offered to contribute in her place.
10. Faux instructions are the way to go.
11. I asked him to help me with a small software problem that had to do with filling out
poorly designed government forms. He said he had administrators who could fill out those
forms when he applied for grants. But in the arts things are different.
12. It seems important to train oneself to extend in the most unlikely of directions especially
when that involves poor chances and badly designed forms.
13. I have not yet begun.
14. People disagree about whether or not it is polite or just adding to clutter to send
messages via email to say thank you. But I must say thank you.
15. We never used to meet this way.
16. This one is impossible so I don’t know why I even bothered to write it down. Possibly
because persistence is the only clear course to survival.
17. And when I do the mailbox will be full. The message will say, if you can, send me a text.
18. I should just do this. It won’t take long.
19. Lascivious.
20. Balconies, terraces, charming streets, very affordable, more and more alluring.
21. He resists practice.
22. This might be for much younger kids.
23. Write a note of encouragement and make it so convincing that this person decides to stay.
24. Help with mortality issues and something we should have done decades ago.
25. Does silence mean I’m not in your thoughts?

Adblock test (Why?)

No comments:

Post a Comment